Where Excitement Breathes Excitement
C4 Ministries Inc. (located in Union, SC) began in December 2018 and is a Christ-centered, crisis, care, and counseling ministry. They offer help to anyone in a crisis, whether it is homelessness, addiction, marriage, family, and individual counseling, etc. They care for people by meeting their physical needs and also counsel them to provide a path out of their crisis.
In July of 2019, C4 was called about a young lady who was homeless and living in a shed. They made contact with her, picked her up, and placed her in housing. In assessing her, they discovered she was a meth addict and needed rehab. She had been living in cars, abandoned homes, the streets, anywhere she could find a place to get high and then lay down. She agreed to be placed, but when it was time to transport her a couple of days later, she refused to go and left their care. They eventually made contact and told her if she ever came to the point where she truly wanted help to call them.
The next time C4 had contact with the lady was October 2020. She called and said she had a baby girl. She said she was not bonding with the baby and asked if C4 ministries would take her. After checking out her situation, they agreed to take the baby under temporary emergency custody. Baby Gracie, as she is now known, was only 4 months old and had been living in a motel room surrounded by drug addicts. Gracie was placed with a family who is a part of the C4 team.
Never in their wildest imagination did they think C4 would have a baby to take care of. On July 28th, the family was given full custody of Gracie. She is now in a safe home where she hears of Jesus Christ and the love He has for her.
C4 committed to pay for the necessary expenses for Gracie and currently continues to provide financial assistance for her care. Gracie is doing amazingly well, and the ministry is grateful our Lord put her in our lives
Packets must be delivered to the church office no later than 4:00pm on Monday, November 8th.
SC Department of Corrections Approved Packing List
· ONE black non-retractable pen (no wire clips, no other color pen)
· ONE writing tablet no larger than 5 1/2" x 8" (no wire bound or composition books, and no post-it notes)
· ONE adult toothbrush (individually factory-sealed, no multi-packs)
· ONE 4 oz to 6 oz toothpaste (no travel size)
· ONE 3.2 oz to 6 oz bar of soap (no travel size, no unwrapped/unboxed bars)
· TWO rolls of hard candy like LifeSavers, Mentos, Breath Savers (NO Smarties, Sweetarts, Necco Wafers, Rolos, Starburst, TicTacs)
· THREE first-class #10 Stamp-Embossed Envelopes (from USPS - NO regular stamps, no other size envelope)
· ONE gallon size zipper bag (no other size bags accepted)
ALL ITEMS MUST FIT IN THE ZIPPER BAG WITH ZIPPER CLOSED SECURELY.
Do not include washcloths, toothbrush holders, floss, or combs.